having a single worker for each task can be daunting (well, you could wrap
web2py.py -K appname in a never-ending loop so it's restarted as soon as it
gets killed)....
#!/bin/sh
while true
    do web2py/web2py.py -K yourapp
    echo 'killed, restarting in a bit'
    sleep 2
done

but I'm curious about your use-case. Why do you need to terminate a RUNNING
task (that can't be accomplished using the timeout parameter)?