> It returns all the rows which are visible in view. My requirement is that
I want to make edit/delete button visible only for the user's
> whose userid is same as some predefined value "SOMEUSER", for other
userid's edit/delete button should be disabled/not visible.
> Can some one please tell me on how to do this.

You could pass the grid(deletable=bool) option retrieved from an evaluated
condition such as:

def can_delete(user_id):
    # check permissions here
    if <some condition>:
        return True
    return False

grid = SQLFORM.grid(deletable=can_delete(auth.user_id))

For restricting query results for a given user, it's possible to use a
logic like the above but using auth.accessible_query (requires a db backend
with JOIN support) for filtering the grid helper query argument.

Accessible query is documented in the book chapter "Access Control" and
.grid helper is documented in "Forms and Validators"