Hello all,

let's imagine I have an app with the following model :

db.define_table('contact',
    Field('name'),
    Field('phone_number')
)

I have already deployed my app, and I have several contacts with a name and
a phone number.

Then I realise that a contact can have multiple phone numbers. So I add a
table :

db.define_table('phone number',
    Field('type'), #mobile phone number, home phone number, business phone
number ,...
    Field('phone_number'),
    Field('contact', 'reference contact'),
)

The first time I launch my app with the new model, I want to move existing
phone numbers from *contact *table to *phone_number *table.
Then I want to remove 'phone_number' field from contact table to avoid
using it in the future

What is the best way to do this automatically, and without breaking
backward compatibility?

Thank you