Hi

Maybe you could dump it to a phone numbers to a csv file or a python dict
with dump_data = { phone_number : contact.id,....}

Then when you created the second table, just run a for loop to populate
that table with the dumped data with contact_id as a reference to the old
table.

Thats what I would do....

// web2py rookie

cheers