Hello everyone.
I would like to use web2py as my Raspberry Pi webserver. i need to send
some serial data from the web application to Raspberry Pi and send to a
device. However, i encountered the error of " <class
‘serial.serialutil.SerialException’> could not open port /dev/ttyAMA0:
[Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/dev/ttyAMA0′ "

I have been stuck at this for weeks and i can't seem to find any solution
except moving on to using cherrypy and jquery. :( but i really wish to use
web2py!

So, i have this code below that could work fine using normal python script
as well as cherrypy. in web2py, i put this under "default.py" and create a
new def for it.

import serial
import time

serialport= serial.Serial ("/dev/ttyAMA0", 9600, timeout=0.5)
serialport.write("\x03LI1234\x0D")
response=serialport.readlines(1)
print response
time.sleep(1)