yep. when all the logic is pushed client-side, you need just a backend to
(eventually) store data, a full-blown MVC server-side framework is not
needed anymore.

Anyway, when you start to blob out large chunks of javascript client-side
just to do, e.g., an email address validation, you need to choose where the
right balance is.