> Nope, or maybe I expressed myself badly: that implementations started
> named as "comet messaging" but turned to "websocket messaging" at the first
> iteration.
> web2py.js has an usable implementation for it and
> gluon/contrib/websocket_messaging.py is 200 lines of which 70 are comments,
> it's easy to hack it into.

As I said, I've already gone over the websocket_messaging.py file - it has
dealings with WebSockets - NOT SSE (!) - and via Tornado, NOT web2py...

> I didn't get what you mean by "can I explicitely call it": either with
> websockets or SSE as soon as the user hits the page, a connection is
> established and remains open. There's no request/response cycle, just a
> request coming in and a (eventually) infinite response out.

What I mean, is that once the connection is ope, and say, is handled by a
"session", then from that moment on, My usage of this connection would be
"pushing" through that connection onto the browser. The usage of the "push"
would obviously be from another controller.
I mean, let's take the "chat" use-case :
User "A" logs into a chat-view, and that sends a GET request to a
controller-action, who's job is to opens an SSE connection for that user -
a long-lasting session - let's call it "The SSE action". Then user "B" logs
into the same view on his side, and the same thing happens for him. Now we
have 2 outgoing sessions open - one for each user - 2 "SSE Actions" are
waiting to send more responses - each to their respective recipients.
Now, user "A" writes a comment, and "submits" it. This sends a POST request
to a different controller-action that saves the comment to the database
-let's call it "The Submission Action". This controller-action is different
from the SSE action, and may theoretically even belong to a different
controller (say, the system may have chat-views in multiple pages...).
My question is, then :
"Can a submission-action 'call' an SSE-action that belongs to a different
controller, and has a different session/request/response object(s)? If so
How?".
I hope it's more clear now...