> oh my.... SSE are unidirectional, so of course the example shows you just
> the server --> client part and not the client-->server one.
> you can do the client--> server part as usual with an ajax post.
>
> (I would appreciate you refrain from using expressions with
condescending implications such as "oh my...")
I know it's uni-directional... It's not the point...
I mean that another view from another controller, would invoke, say, an
ajax call, to IT'S OWN CONTROLLER's action, which will THEN invoke the
SSE-enabled-action in the other controller.

> EDIT: you don't need to have one-and-only sse capable controller.
> You just need to code into a single one of them what is required by the
> view who will call it (i.e. you can have a page for a chat that will "call"
> the sse that deals with the chat,  the page of the calendar that listens to
> the calendar sse and so on)

Now you are getting closer... Of course I understand that I can have more
then a single SSE-enabled controller-action, but as you said - this would
mean that, say, a "chat" view, may ONLY invoke a "chat"
SSE-enabled-controller-action, and a "calendar" view, may ONLY invoke a
"calendar" SSE-enabled-controller-action...
What if I want 2 users to collaborate on the same data, using different
views, and still get real-updates?
Let's say we have 2 views, a calendar, and a scheduling-run-chart -
Different views of the same (or partially-shared) data, for different
use-cases.
How can I have one updating the calendar, and getting live-updates from
another user updating the schedule (and vice-versa) ?
If it is not clear verbally, perhaps a picture is in order...

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m04hkb0vV40/UWL6Vj2_efI/AAAAAAAAAFE/O0zGPg55KnQ/s1600/SSE.jpg>
I'm attaching a picture - the "missing-part" in web2py from this
stand-point, are the "green arrows"...