The first yield WILL block the thread, but as you say, only the thread of
that connection. So the inter-thread communication would then be solved via
another "shared" process - Redis - which will act as a message broker,
listening to submissions and submit publications for subscribers.
I guess I can live with that, for now, our user-base is small enough I
think...
Apache is doing the same, right?

P.S : Here is a nice lecture about concurrency and co-routines in python:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7R3-_ViNxk