you're overreaching. Of course your 2 line fix will be accepted: my point
was more or less "if I were you (handing over the management to my
customer)" I'd go for the safer route of nssm.
If you search in the group you'll see a few issues reported already and
almost one other is still open in the bugtracker.

That being said, "me" is not supporting winservice. "me" just sees a lot of
potential problems continuing to ship it with web2py.

There's a strong possibility that nssm is yet in your sysadmin toolbelt
(and if not, he'll like it.)

All the rest of the post is FUD.