Well, of course bootstrap-responsive.min.css integration is where the
problem is... But it can't just be removed, welcome app being responsive,
in other words mobile ready, is a widely used feature.

Alan's first reply is absolutely correct in assessing the problem. I
actually noticed this while testing apps before, but couldn't think of a
valid use case for small non-mobile screens and thus didn't think much of
it. Hah, a projector...! Just goes to show how hard it is to think of all
the ways something is used in real life.

I just tested Paolo's fix with multiple complex submenus on 800x600
non-mobile and various mobile emulations and it works as expected. Good
work!

Regards,
Ales