the whole point of timezone normalization is NOT having "a timezone
attached at the end".
It's storing in the database as UTC and displaying as "localized" to the
users.
Are we sure that you fully grasped what the timezone implementation on the
IS_DATE* validators in web2py and that that idea fits with your one ?