that's more or less exactly what I don't understand..... you usually
count() something without any limits because you don't know the cardinality
of your wanted resultset.

If you limit your resultset to n rows, what's the purpose of counting ?

That's why there's no db(query).count(limitby=(0,n)) syntax ....