Just brainstorming here...how about an API more like this:

On the other hand, you could also just do:

db.person.just_males = lambda: db(db.person.gender == 'm').select()

Maybe we could allow db.define_table() to accept arbitrary keyword
arguments so these can be defined and still keep the table lazy:

db.define_table('person', ..., just_males=lambda: ...)

Anthony