You got the point! It was the firewall.Well, i have not yet understood why
i have to open manually the port, it seems to me that it should be already
open, (as far as i see with iptables -L. Maybe in ubuntu there are rules
that are not set and not listed by iptables?).

When i start web2py WITH the password (default), i still got that messsage
i mentioned (GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size
== 0' failed), but web2py seems working anyway.
Thanks a lot
and i beg your pardon for my post