Massimo, may I propose a solution here? It would require a lot of
work, but if it were done I think it'd destroy the competition of
other ORMs :P Anyways, have the ORM/DAL catch any errors presented
(not sure if this is possible with GAE). If it *does* catch an error,
see which number, have python look up what to do with tht number (e.g.
Is a table missing? A field? etc). then it will perform the necessary
query SHOW TABLES; SHOW FIELDS FROM [table]; etc. and then re-build
the .table file. So it'll constantly load locally until it finds an
error. Of course there should also be some kind of throttling
mechanism, where if it does see an error but can find a solution, then
it'll makr that in like a global.orm.table file so that the next time
the error is catched for the same table/field, it would execute any
SQL queries and it'll still submit the support ticket of course (may
be a support ticket for when DAL figures out the DB on its own as
well). I know I know, this is a very complicated system, but I mean,
if web2py can completely move the thought process of having to
constantly fight with the DB and the app, it would be an awesome
feature. :) I know that I'm just dreaming, but a boy can wish can't
hey? :'')