A bit of offtopic but maybe someone knows what's going on. I'm using this
thumbnail generating slice I found:

LINK<http://www.web2pyslices.com/slice/show/1522/generate-a-thumbnail-that-fits-in-a-box>

All works fine but the problem I face is the thumbnails quality. I upload
really high-quality images and the generated thumbs are definitely not HQ.

I tried adding *quality=90 *argument to these lines of "smarthumb.py":
*
*
img.thumbnail(box, Image.ANTIALIAS)

and

img.save(request.folder + 'uploads/' + thumb)

respectively:

img.save(request.folder + 'uploads/' + thumb, quality=90)
and
img.save(request.folder + 'uploads/' + thumb, quality=90)

-- no effect. Any ideas?