Let me clarify.  The server is a headless system (actually, a small plug
computer).  So, I can access it like this:

Local LAN PC#1: 192.168.xxx.111 -> Server: 192.168.xxx.222 .  This works ok.

Now, when I ssh tunnel to PC#1 or to Server, I can go to URL:
https://192.168.xxx.222/admin or https://127.0.0.1/admin and I can connect
to web2py admin and authenticate to it.  But when I open an application
file, nothing appears in the edit window.  I've tried this using different
browsers, etc.  but I can't get the edit window to appear.