It seems you are correct from a few perspectives:

   - T.accepted_language is not always defined (it's only reference is in
   T.force - where it is set);  for this to be useful it would have to be
   always set, be something consistent;
   - T.http_accept_language is set per request;  accepted_language is NOT
   always set (if there is no language file, and you go to default, for
   example).   This is "ok", perhaps, but not documented anywhere.
    (accepted_language was added this Feb. in revision 453; we're now at 774)

accepted_language may be useful as is, or may need some tweaking (how can
you tell if it's default, or has not been set yet... is this important now
that we have T() calls in gluon?).

So I think it needs review, and documentation (a good thing to add to
docstring).

As I write this, I am aware of one other thing:   our docstring project will
(perhaps) have lots of additions by many people, and we will have
documentation (that will look good) which has not been reviewed (that is,
might not be fully correct) - so the early docstrings will get "review by
use and complaint" --- which might not be so bad, but I think it would be
better to have docstring submissions reviewed.

Regards,
Yarko