I don't understand... Do you see : This is a test ?? You don't need XML()
for use a simple T(), XML serve to escape special caracter and accentuated
one, at least that my understanding. And of course there will be not change
(all your value will be represent with : This is a test, since you don't
take care of your location in your lambda.

I never try to pass html tag in a represent except a A() helper, but I
don't why it would not work.

You don't really need XML in the code above (virtual field), try this :

Field.Virtual('description_**formatted', lambda row: SPAN(row.description, _
style="color:#EB0F0F;"),

or

Field.Virtual('description_**formatted', lambda row:
TAG.span(row.description, _style="color:#EB0F0F;"),

In case there is no SPAN helper (don't remember if there is SPAN() helper).

Richard