When you visit the forum page if the corresponding requires_login() than it
would automatically redirect to myapp (check that you are logged in) and
back as you expect. But if you visit an action that does not require login,
web2py does not assume that you need to be logged in and does not check
whether you are logged in into the provider app (myapp). That is why in
this case you need to trigger the action by pressing login. If you need to
be logged in to use forum, you should add the requires_login() decorators
to all the actions.

If the provider app (myapp) uses social login (for example has a
private/janrain.key file) CAS should work with social login. In this case
the issue is, do you need CAS in this case?