Hello. I'm just starting to dig into web2py. One thing I really want is field input masks ala Visual Foxpro, to prevent users from entering invalid characters rather than validating afterwards and telling them they made a mistake.

For example, if a user types alpha characters into a numeric-only field, they do not even appear. A field that is uppercase alpha would convert a lowercase "a" to "A" as the user types. VFP input masks could do complex things with combinations of wildcard and static characters, like "999-999-9999", where the 9 allows a numeric digit, but the dashes are automatically inserted in the string when the user reaches that point.

Some searching did not find anything concrete. Is there a plugin or some other standard way of doing least basic input formatting as the user enters data in a field?

Thanks!