Here are my auth-settings
auth = Auth(db, secure=True)
auth.define_tables(username=True)
auth.settings.create_user_groups=False
auth.settings.actions_disabled =
['register','change_password','request_reset_password','retrieve_username','profile']
auth.settings.create_user_groups = False
auth.settings.remember_me_form = False
auth.settings.login_methods = [ldap_auth(mode="ad",
server=settings.ldap_server, base_dn=settings.domain_name, db=db,
                                    manage_user=True,
                                    user_firstname_attrib="givenName",
                                    user_lastname_attrib="sn",
                                    user_mail_attrib="mail",
                                    manage_groups=True,
                                    group_dn="ou=Groups," +
settings.domain_name,
                                    group_name_attrib="cn",
                                    group_member_attrib="member",
                                    group_filterstr='objectClass=*')]

I'm passing in valid login-credentials via web2pys login-form. As
mentioned, according to the network-traffic web2py does not even contact
the ldap server but tells me "Invalid login" right away.