I love the service framework, however I am interested in being able to
authenticate users.  With json/jsonrpc this shouldn't be too hard as
the browser that the ajax request would come from would have the same
session.

Particularly I am concerned with writing an xmlrpc service that
requires authentication.  The Auth class doesn't seem to expose any of
the lower level logic for authentication (like a login function that
takes a username and a password).  Any ideas on how I can do this.
I'm not afraid of writing my own implimentation, however I would love
to piggy back off what is already there.

I would figure I would want to have a login function that would create
a session key (limited lifetime), and each function would be required
to provide that key.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jason Corbett
BTW I love the simplicity of web2py, it took me maybe 2-3 hours to
write a simple app that was even themed.