On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 4:48 AM, annet <annet.verm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I explored web2py version 1.62rc2 and wonder why Auth, Crud and
> Service are instantiated by default and why the needed table are
> created by default.
>
> I have a separate database application in which I define the none
> web2py tables, in this application I do not need instances of Auth,
> Crud and Service and tables related to auth.
>
> Furthermore I have two applications connecting to the database, in
> which I do not need instances of Auth, Crud and Service and tables
> related to auth either.
>
> The only application I need instances of Auth and Crud for is my cms
> application. However, in this application I need a custom auth_user
> table.
>

> When you're building a web 2.0 application these defaults won't be a
> problem, however, in my case I will have to edit db.py and default.py
> and comment out all the Auth, Crud and Service related code before
> touching anything else, otherwise I will end up with objects and
> tables I don't want.
>
> Why has this default behaviour been introduced with version 1.62rc2?

web2py is focused in database-driven web applications. So, the
majority of developers that use it will use Auth and Crud.
It is better to 80% (or more) of developers have to do nothing to have
Auth and Crud working and only 20% have to comment these lines then
the opposite situation. :-)

--
 Álvaro Justen
 Peta5 - Telecomunicações e Software Livre