On May 20, 8:32 am, annet.verm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I buy the 80-20 rule. But that is a self-fulfilling prophecy. I think
> you are all doing a great job developing web2py, however, in my
> opinion Web2py tends to cater too much to users who develop web 2.0
> applications, to some degree disregarding users who use web2py to
> provide a web interface for existing information systems or require a
> different workflow.

I think that catering to the 80% is ideal here - we want to make it as
painless as possible for new people exploring the framework to get a
test application up & running.
Once they start doing serious work (which may well involve integration
into legacy systems) they should be plenty confident enough to do a
little commenting when they start out (it'll be a tiny proportion of
the overall work in creating their real app).

I guess 1 option could be to have a really empty 'blank' application &
the current 'scaffolding' application....users can select which type
when they inherit from when they create a new application.