I would not say it is the main "problem". It should be easy to do. It was
done once already my Mariano for an earlier version.
It is just that nobody has shown must interest in helping do it. We already
use a a python 3 compatible syntax.
After this is converted it needs testing and I am not sure all drivers work
with python 3.

Massimo