Loïc, just a thought... How will you manage the upgrade of web2py version?
If you have only a single repo, you will make symlink in new version of
web2py applications folder, but then you may face issue with the new
version that force you to stick with previous version... If you have commit
change over your trunk you will have to revert...

I generally just copy my entire repo, that become a clone...

Richard