I'll also add this:
look at anyserver.py for how to get it going...

also, gevent does monkey.patch_all which means that all your tcp sockets
would become async, which means if you are freezing up because a single
connection is frozen, that won't be the case with gevent. Your individual
connections would still be waiting but the server will process other
requests while it waits for data. In other words, while one client may
freeze up, the rest should process just fine.