Yea, I'm working on a communication layer for pyodbc or pypyodbc which will
handle requests with gevent, thus your application should yield properly,
but it's not available just yet, and it won't necessarily be a drop-in
replacement for pyodbc though. In the meantime, this is usually good
enough, and you can set timeouts for the queries and connects, but that
would be a change to the DAL.