On 8 Nov 2013, at 5:45 AM, Niphlod <niph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> the only thing is that only syslog-ng is multiprocess-safe, so the standard
> logging to file and/or console may incur in problems.

That applies to more than the scheduler, though, and using syslog isn't so bad.

(Maybe we could add a database-based handler?)

In any event, the scheduler's current use of pid to distinguish logging
facilities is problematic because it can't be configured. Or at least I don't
think it can; I don't see any wildcard capability in the logging conf syntax.
Have you actually used it? How?