On my not-so-limited experience with SQLite and multiprocessing, I found
out that it's a real PITA even with WAL enabled.

If you turn on DEBUG logging, the amount of lines logged is going to block
operations just for logging sake, so I'd definitely not recommend SQLite as
a logging backend for the scheduler (as I don't recommend it for being the
backend for multiple scheduler's running).
A single scheduler instead is fine, but at least in my usecases I always
use at least 2 or 3 of them.

@spies: sorry for the digressions, any luck figuring out what database
backend you're using ?