+1
I was thinking the same thing, as a starting point in preperation of converting
my we2py-app's client-side into a SPA. Having a componentized scaffold could
help me get to that milestone faster.

I am not saying web2py should become a SPA framework, just a "frendlier" option
for these use-case's starting point.

If there are 64 loadings it would become quite slow to start, but that would be
true for any framework... It doesnt mean that it wouldn't be helpfull to do,
say, 5 to 10 loadings...
The initial  loading time would be easially compensated by the rest of the use
of the app loading only the components that change to other ones (even in a
non-SPA would benefit, by loading cached-versions). Otherwise the whole SPA
movement would not have emearged.