I couldn't find this in my search of threads, so apologies if already
answered.

I'm opening a dialog and putting an ordinary form in the dialog. If the
user presses the form's submit button, the form's controller gets called
and the form.process().accepted step gets executed. Good so far.

However, if the user refreshes the browser, I cleverly have the main page
load and then detect that the former state of the system and automatically
open the dialog and redirect its contents to the form's controller. So the
user returns to the same place as they were prior to refresh. Now, when the
user presses the submit button, the form's controller does not get
executed. Instead, the controller that redirected to the form gets
executed. The result is the form gets redrawn and not submitted. So from
the user's perspective, nothing happens when the Submit button is pressed
after reloading the page.

How to disable this behavior and have the desired controller get executed?
Do I need to submit the form via ajax or muck with the requesting URL?