Also in my model I have db.Participant.Member_Local.widget =
SQLFORM.widgets.autocomplete(request, db.Locals.LocalName,
id_field=db.Locals.Id)
Is there a way to pass a given list of ids instead of the available Ids in
the entire db. i.e.

allowed=(1,2,3)
db.Participant.Member_Local.widget = SQLFORM.widgets.autocomplete(request,
db.Locals.LocalName, id_field=allowed)