Dave

Just wanted to give you an update. I have it working for now and will play
with some other features in the future. I tried uploading it to GAE but it
was being a pain so I threw it on a old web page of mine.

https://crypto4games.com/bowlgames/<https://crypto4games.com/bowlgames/default/stats>

On Monday, December 23, 2013 3:26:46 PM UTC-5, Cliff wrote:

> Thanks Dave!
>
> You have been very helpful. I should be able to find my way from here.
> Thanks again :)
>

> On Friday, December 20, 2013 2:46:56 PM UTC-5, Dave S wrote:
>>

>> On Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:06:27 PM UTC-8, Cliff wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Dave
>>>
>>> Thanks for the reply! That was somewhat the path I was on. I like the
>>> boolean idea. Where I am hung up now though is how I would list all the
>>> bowl games on a page then update picks, like how i mentioned before. Would
>>> I be able to use SQLFORM to do this? This is my database setup, i have kept
>>> it simple for now.
>>>

>> As a start, you might look at Loic's answer he linked in to the other
>> thread.  Your database should be small enough that Anthony's concern won't
>> be a problem.
>> <
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20697034/how-can-i-join-3-tables-and-output-a-the-all-three-together-joined-in-web2py/20698864#20698864
>> >

>> (I use SQLFORM in my current, but just for a simple table; the trickiest
>> thing I do is figuring out maxid so I can limit the range of the table.)
>>

>>> db.define_table('persons', Field('person'), Field('email'))
>>> db.define_table('teams', Field('teamname'), Field('winner', 'boolean',
>>> default=False))
>>> db.define_table('bowls', Field('name'), Field('team1', 'reference
>>> teams'),Field('team2', 'reference teams'), Field('gametime', 'date'))
>>> db.define_table('picks', Field('person', 'reference persons'),
>>> Field('pick', 'reference teams'))
>>> db.persons.email.requires = IS_EMAIL()
>>> db.picks.person.requires = IS_IN_DB(db, db.persons.id, '%(person)s')
>>> db.bowls.team1.requires = IS_IN_DB(db, db.teams.id, '%(teamname)s')