Paulo,

I spent probably 48+ hours trying to get web2py running on hostgator with
no success. I tried pretty much every shared hosting guide out there,
opened a ticket with hostgator, had them work on it, but with no luck. I
don't mean to discourage you, and if you successfully get it up and
running, I'd love to know how, but I just wanted to share my experience
with you. I'm not an Apache expert by any means, so that could be why I
never could get it running.

For what it's worth, I ended up using pythonanywhere.com. PA allows you to
create an app using your own domain, so I had a subdomain (e.g.
myweb2pyapp.mydomain.com) point to my PA app. Not a perfect solution, but
worked for what I was needing.