Derek: Are you being sarcastic and mean?

> cache doesn't cache only resultsets, hence pickle is the only possible
> choice.

Well, not if you only need flat and basic objects - there the benefit of
pickle is mute and it's overhead is obvious - take a look at this project:
https://redis-collections.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

> It's cool. Actually, I started developing something like that using DAL
> callbacks, but as soon as multiple tables are involved with FK and such, it
> starts to loose "speed". Also, your whole app needs to be coded a-la
> "ActiveRecord", i.e. fetch only by PK.

Hmmm... Haven't thought of that... Well, you can't search/query for
specific records by their hashed-values, but that's not the use-case I was
thinking about - I am not suggesting "replacing" the dal... Plus, that
restriction would also exist when using pickles for such a use-case...
What I had in mind is simpler than that - just have a bunch of simple
queries that you would do in your cache.ram anyways, and instead have their
"raw" result-set (before being parsed into "rows" objects) and cached as-is
(almost...) - that would be faster to load-in the cache than into
cache.ram, and also faster for retrieval.

> BTW, I'm not properly sure that fetching 100 records with 100 calls to
> redis vs pulling a single time a pickle of 1000 records and discarding what
> you don't need is faster.

Hmmm... I don't know, redis is famous for crunching somewhere in the order
of 500K requests per-second - have you tested it?

> BTW2: ORM are already there: redisco and redis-lympid

10x, I'll take a look - though I think an ORM would defeat the purpose (in
terms of of speed) and would be overkill...