I have a load component with a button in it that seems to automatically
have the focus such that if I go to my URL and press the enter key, that is
the button that is triggered.  But, I also have a textbox and a button
outside the component.  I would like it so that when you type something in
the textbox and press enter, the adjacent button is "clicked."  However,
what happens is that the button in the component is "clicked" instead.

I tried putting a jquery handler so that on keyup in my textbox, if the
keycode is 13 (for enter), the adjacent button will be clicked, but it is
not working--upon pressing enter, the component button is being "clicked"
immediately such that my jquery handler is never reached.  I know that my
jquery handler is correct though because it is reached when I type anything
other than enter.

I also tried just setting the focus on my button when the page loads, which
works in that going to the URL and pressing enter triggers it.  However,
once I click on/type something in the textbox, the focus is returned to
that button in the component, so this does not help at all.

Any ideas?  I am using IE btw.