Sorry typo. Let's try again:

db.define_table('store_catalog',
    Field('title'),
    Field('slug',requires=IS_SLUG(),compute=lambda row:
IS_SLUG.urlify(row.titl\
e)),
    Field('parent_id','reference store_catalog'))

id1 = db.store_catalog.insert(title='main')
id2 = db.store_catalog.insert(title='one',parent_id=id1)
id3 = db.store_catalog.insert(title='two',parent_id=id2)

def menu_rec(items): return
[(x.title,None,URL('action',args=x.slug),menu_rec(x\
.children)) for x in items or []]
response.menu = menu_rec(db(db.store_catalog).select().as_trees())
print response.menu