Hello,

I've got a big issue with external cron jobs. In my application I've added
tasks to crontab which should be executed every day, e.g.
0   0     * * * myapp *applications/myapp/cron/task_update_vacation_days.py
30  0     * * * myapp
*applications/myapp/cron/task_insert_public_holidays.py

Now I found out that the cron jobs are not executed every day on the live
server. The cron jobs are started from a system cron job as specified in
the documentation:
python web2py.py -J -C -D 1 >> /tmp/cron.customer.output

The jobs are executed very irregular, some jobs get executed almost every
day and others just 2 times in the last 7 days. here is the output for
task_update_vacation_days:
INFO:web2py.cron:WEB2PY CRON (external): myapp executing
*applications/myapp/cron/task_update_vacation_days.py in
/srv/web/customer/web2py at 2014-01-25 00:00:02.179185
INFO:web2py.cron:WEB2PY CRON (external): myapp executing
*applications/myapp/cron/task_update_vacation_days.py in
/srv/web/customer/web2py at 2014-01-18 00:00:02.291735

then I checked the syslog to make sure "web2py.py -J -C -D 1" was called
exactly every minute. so the problem seems to be that web2py somehow thinks
the task should not be started? how can this happen? does anyone have an
idea?

regards,
Alex