I have a search bar that I want to display on every page, but something is
not working. Here is an example of what I have:

layout.html:

    {{include 'default/searchbar.html'}}

In default/searchbar.html:

{{=form}}

But web2py doesn't find the searchbar controller function. I get an error:

"NameError: name 'form' is not defined"

because searchbar.html can't find {{=form}}.

There have been some threads that use javascript for this, but I don't want
to use that. Is there a pure html solution for this?