I found this thread that has a similar problem:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/web2py/form$20in$20layout.html/web2py/JRxUYp_YpHk/4uVM7kg9Ja4J

The example was:

def contact():
     form=SQLFORM.factory(....)
     if form.accepts(....)
     return form # not dict(form=form)

and in layout.html

{{=LOAD('default','contact')}}

But in my case I would like to use {{=form.custom.begin}} and
{{=form.custom.end}} to format the html in a certain way. How would this be
possible?

Also, is it possible to not use javascript to have a search form on every
page?