> I have been trying to move from sqlite to postgres without any success.

cpdb is not the one size fits-all solution for every problem when copying
data between databases. Currently, there is an issue about reading table
definitions which, unless I'm mistaken, makes almost impossible to transfer
data between sqlite and postgresql for models beyond a simple case

http://code.google.com/p/web2py/issues/detail?id=1799&can=5

I agree that cpdb needs better documentation and also some enhancements.
For example, I belive it does not run models, and it would simplify the
migration.