Hi,

I am for the first time messing with mssql dal adapter and are really
struggling to get it working to a SQL2008 server..

I have gotten the connection with FreeTDS working

When I connect in python with.
>>> conn = pyodbc.connect ('DSN=TS;UID=foo;PWD=bar')
>>> cursor = conn.cursor()
>>> cursor.execute("select * from INVENT where ID=3000")
<pyodbc.Cursor object at 0x14591b0>
>>> for row in cursor:
...   print row

Everything works..

But when connecting with dal:
db = DAL('mssql://foo:bar@host/db?DRIVER={FreeTDS}', migrate_enabled=False)
I get the..
<class 'pyodbc.ProgrammingError'> ('42000', '[42000] [FreeTDS][SQL
Server]Unicode data in a Unicode-only collation or ntext data cannot be
sent to clients using DB-Library (such as ISQL) or ODBC version 3.7 or
earlier. (4004) (SQLExecDirectW)')

I tried to send ?DRIVER={FreeTDS}&TDS_VERSION=8.0 with no result..

And I cannot do a DSN connection with DAL:
db = DAL('mssql://DSN=TS;UID=foo;PWD=bar', migrate_enabled=False)

Any ideas?
Sorry if this has been up before and I missed totally..

But I am really stuck here :)

--
Regards Falk