Thanks for the replies.

I am using web2py as a front end for bitbucket and mercurial.  Mercurial is
managing multiple repos on my site.  I click a button to pull new code in
from bitbucket.

The way I am currently doing it is passing a path into a subprocess which
runs mercurial commands to do the pulls and updates.

I did this to avoid os.chdir() (for thread safety) ...

Is it better to use the mercurial python api?

Anyone have any experience with this?

Mark