Yes, web2py is still the right choice.  I'm using templates from
wrapbootstrap.com for a couple apps.  You have to adjust your layout.html
and then realize that web2py's form generation might be a little funky.
 I'm not using any of the default forms generated by web2py, I override
them with my own custom forms.  But, this allows you a great amount of
control over the layout of your site.

Jim