Iceberg,

>... you need to define _value=blah for your widget.

Problem solved.

> (PS: I am doing so right now, when I am refactoring my
> first web2py app. Knowing widget well could shorten my app's code a
> lot. :-P)

I am still in the first iteration of the development cycle of my first
web2py application. I am well up on OO-A, OO-D, Java, SQL, XHTML, CSS
but my knowledge of Python, JavaScript and XML are insufficient.
Therefore, I will dive into these technologies before taking up the
next iteration of my project. I hope the investment will pay off both
in development time and code.

Annet.