On May30, 11:33pm, annet.verm...@gmail.com wrote:
> Iceberg,
>
> I had a look at the content of the sqlhtml.py file.
>
> Given the following table:
>
> db.define_table('provincie',
>     db.Field('provincie',label='Provincie *
> ',length=18,default='',notnull=True,unique=True),
>     migrate=False)
>
> db.provincie.provincie.requires=[IS_LENGTH(18,error_message=T('length
> exceeds 18')),IS_NOT_EMPTY(),IS_NOT_IN_DB
> (db,'provincie.provincie',error_message=T('provincie already in
> database'))]
>
> How do I create an OptionsWidget based on this table?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Annet.

If you are expecting something discussed in this thread:
  http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_frm/thread/5d0f1f5e666a552b
it is possible to define a generic widget for that, but need quite
some tweak...

However, in your case, if your "provincie" means "province" which is a
fixed set, why not just define it as a IS_IN_SET(...)?  Keep It Simple.