Done. However, it didn't fix the issue, although I now see a tiny clickable
'+' and '-' right beside the input field for 'Shift:'. I have no idea what
that means. Clicking on them does nothing.

It's also a little disturbing that I have to manually update my apps
whenever I upgrade web2py. *This is a disincentive for me to upgrade. My
motto is:  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.*